Do you like mexican food? How about fruit?
My husband and I love them both and we thought we would try something different by combining them into one delicious dish! We are always trying new recipes and ideas in the kitchen and we love to pair up unexpected flavors. That’s how we came up with our latest creation, the fresh fruit fajita!
First, we started with our fresh produce from the farmer’s market. Didn’t we snag some amazing looking fruits and veggies?
Next, julienne the bell peppers and dice the jalapenos. Sauté the cut veggies in olive oil and hot sauce (I suggest leaving out the hot sauce if you are sensitive to spicy foods)
While you vegetables are sautéing, cut cooked rosemary chicken into bite sized pieces.
After heating your tortillas, add chicken pieces and top with sautéed peppers and cut stone fruit.
Don’t these look awesome? We served our fajitas with farro. We mixed the cooked farro with corn, black beans and halved grape tomatoes, a quick easy side!
Now you have a complete, healthy meal to serve for dinner!
FRESH FRUIT FAJITAS
1 lb of chicken
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
2 red jalapeños, diced
1 yellow peach, julienned
1 nectarine, julienned
grape tomatoes as topping, diced
8 corn tortillas
½ Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
½ Tbsp of hot sauce
rosemary and black pepper for rub
- Season chicken with rosemary and black pepper and cook on medium-high heat.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil on medium heat and add cut bell peppers, jalapeños and hot sauce. Sauté for 6-8 minutes, or until vegetable start to soften.
- While vegetables are sautéing, cut cooked chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Heat corn tortillas for a couple minutes in toaster over or on hot skillet to warm.
- Now you are ready to assemble your fajitas! Start with your warm tortillas and add chicken. Top with peppers, sliced stone fruits and tomatoes.
- Serve with your favorite side and Enjoy!